Birkman International, the leader in workplace assessments, has an opening for an Account Manager at its headquarters in Houston, Texas. The Account Manager develops, maintains, supports and expands (manages) strategic relationships with both existing and new customers with the purpose to improve client satisfaction and generate additional revenue for the company. The Account Manager will also work with marketing, training, consultant development, and product development teams to assist with business development initiatives regarding customer and industry feedback. The Account Manager relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish revenue goals.
Birkman International received Houston’s coveted “Best & Brightest Companies to Work For” for 2014-2017 and offers competitive compensation, great benefits, and a culture that rewards achievement while encouraging teamwork, professional growth, and work-life balance. If you are a motivated professional who enjoys a fast-paced, dynamic environment with cross-functional teams, a job at Birkman could be your next great career move.
We are seeking an energetic, results-oriented, highly ethical, motivated, experienced, and hands-on professional to perform the following:
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Proactively follows up with all leads within the company CRM as outlined in the Birkman sales process.
- Manages existing territory including identifying key personnel to contact via phone or email and establishes productive, professional relationships in assigned accounts designating next steps in account manager process.
- Proactively assesses, clarifies, prioritizes and validates customer needs on an ongoing basis.
- Meets assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives in assigned accounts and new customer acquisitions.
- Operates as the lead point of contact for any, and all matters specific to assigned client base.
- Coordinates the involvement of company personnel, including support, service, and management resources to meet account performance objectives and customers’ expectations.
- Participates in solution development efforts that best address current and future customer needs.
- Manages and records all communications, activities, tasks, opportunities, and client/account information within the company CRM.
- Ability to manage multiple projects/tasks and successfully meet deadlines while maintaining a strict attention to detail.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate and present effectively at all levels of the organization, including executive and C-Level.
- Analyzes and evaluates situations and applies sound problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Possible travel to client sites as directed by management to ensure client success, understand their goals and provide best practices suggestions. Feedback from client sites will be provided back to other teams at Birkman as needed.
- Self-motivated; ability to work independently and demonstrate sound judgment.
Accountabilities and Performance Measures:
- Achieves assigned sales quota.
- Maintains an adequate pipeline to support assigned sales quota.
- Meets assigned expectations for profitability.
- Achieves customer objectives defined by company management.
- Completes customer account plans that meet company standards.
- Maintains high customer satisfaction ratings that meet company standards.
- Completes required training and development objectives within the assigned time frame.
- Minimum of five years in an account management role in a business-to-business environment with a sales quota.
- PC and MS Office proficiency.
- Salesforce or other CRM experience preferred.
- Experience in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Psychology, or Training preferred.
- Prefer a four-year college degree from an accredited institution.
- Sandler Sales Training a plus.
Environmental Job Requirements and Working Conditions
- This is a full time, in office position.
- This position may require limited periodic travel to customer sites, conferences and/or trade shows.
- All prospective employees must pass a background check.
- Annual salary: Commensurate with experience.
- Includes participation in Birkman’s full-time employee benefits programs.
- There is no commission pay associated with this position.
- Participation in Annual Incentive Bonus Plan program.
Consideration will be given to applicants whose resumes demonstrate the required education and professional experience. Evaluation criteria may include one or more of the following:
- Personal interviews
- The Birkman Method® personality assessment
- Verification of education, professional licenses, and experience
- Criminal Background Check
To receive full consideration, send your resume to: BDCareers@birkman.com