Birkman International, the world-wide leader in workplace assessments, has an opening for a Marketing Manager at its headquarters in Houston, Texas. The Marketing Manager is responsible for the marketing strategy, lead generation, brand identity, social media, brand awareness, marketing content production, and communications. The Marketing Manager will collaborate closely with the Sales department for targeted campaigns and coordinate with cross-functional teams to support product launches, training courses and marketing initiatives for consultant development. The Marketing Manager reports to the Vice President Business Development and Public Relations. The Marketing Specialists will report to the Marketing Manager.
Birkman International received Houston’s coveted “Best & Brightest Companies to Work For” for 2014-2017 and offers competitive compensation, great benefits, and a culture that rewards achievement while encouraging teamwork, professional growth, and work-life balance. If you are a motivated professional who enjoys a fast-paced, dynamic environment with cross-functional teams, a job at Birkman could be your next great career move.
Supervise and develop the marketing team, plus manage vendors and freelancers to expand department production capabilities, maintaining a focus on quality, efficiency, budget, and ROI for all efforts.
- Plan, implement, and measure the success of:
- projects that will enhance the Birkman brand and support our growth within the marketplace, both domestically and internationally;
- facilitate internal and external communications;
- generate marketing activities and materials including publications, media relations, digital and video content, client communication, and lead generation materials.
- Coordinate with the sales and training departments to hit company revenue goals, using a combination of inbound and outbound marketing strategies to attract qualified leads and account-based marketing to target desired accounts.
- Ensure articulation of Birkman brand values, identity and position, both domestically and internationally.
- Manage and contribute to the design and production of all company communications including digital and print.
- Create and monitor analytics for social media, website, lead generation and advertising to constantly refine marketing strategies and identify opportunities.
- Continually research the human resources field, assessment competitors, and marketing trends to evolve strategy and messaging as appropriate.
- Lead or support special projects collaborating with other departments on initiatives such as change management, training and product development.
- Work with senior and department staff to develop and contribute a strategic perspective.
- Develop short and long-term plans and budgets for the marketing department and its activities, monitor progress, assure adherence, and evaluate performance.
- Experience in the development, maintenance, and growth of social media programs across several social platforms (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, etc.).
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, and organizational marketing skills.
- Demonstrated successful experience video production, writing, designing, and directing the creation of marketing content (web, print, social media, press, event, internal, external, email).
- In-depth understanding of website creation, SEO, PPC, web analytics, marketing automation, and digital marketing best practices—experience with HubSpot Marketing platform is a plus.
- Experience directing the design and production of print materials and publications.
- Commitment to working with shared leadership and cross-functional teams.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
- Excellent attention to detail.
Education and Work Experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in B2B marketing. Experience with marketing human resources and/or Organizational Development solutions is a plus.
- Minimum of 2 years managing a marketing production team.
- Bachelor’s degree within the fields of marketing or communications.
Accountabilities and Performance Measures
- Achieves assigned marketing team goals and department targets for expected growth and profitability.
- Ensures marketing specialists are achieving individual and team goals.
- Achieves marketing objectives defined by company executive team.
- Completes required training and development objectives within the assigned time frame.
- Adheres to Birkman’s core value system
Environmental Job Requirements and Working Conditions
- This is a full-time, in-office position.
- This position may require travel (10%).
- Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule.
- All prospective employees must pass a background check.
Annual salary: Commensurate with experience.
- Includes participation in Birkman’s full-time employee benefits programs
- Participation in Annual Incentive Plan program.
Consideration will be given to applicants whose resumes demonstrate the required education and professional experience.
Evaluation criteria may include one or more of the following:
- Personal interviews
- The Birkman Method® personality assessment
- Verification of education, professional licenses, and experience
If interested and qualified, please send your Cover Letter and Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org